Your film is made of polyester, which is tough and scratch-resistant. Although it's tough, film is not as hard as glass and can be damaged by abrasion or unkind treatment.
Here are some simple rules which will prolong the life of your film.
- Do not clean your windows at all for at least 4 weeks after installation.
- Do not attach anything at all to the film with adhesives or suction cups.
- Never clean the film with abrasives or ammonia based product.
- Do use warm water and detergent to clean the film.
- Never use a brush. Do use a clean sponge or soft cloth to clean the film.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AFTER INSTALLATION
Like all products that use an adhesive, the adhesive must cure to achieve a proper bond to the glass.
You may see some changes in the appearance of the film while it is curing. Changes are normal during this time.
Depending on film type and thickness, curing takes from 3 - 140 days under normal conditions. The weather, humidity and the amount of sunlight falling on the glass can affect the curing duration. As you would expect, curing tends to be faster in summer and slower in winter. Shaded or covered areas will take longer to cure.
Above all do not touch the film until curing is complete.
Note: SAFETY and SECURITY Film does not attain its full strength until the adhesive has fully cured.
Do not expect a finished product until curing is complete. Then inspect the film from a distance of about 2 metres, trying to look through rather than at the film.
Remember that apparent defects may be in the glass rather than the film.
If in doubt, do not hesitate to call our office on 08 9249 3700 for further advice.